"Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts with barest wrists and stoutest boasts, he
thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts." --The Colbert Report
Mimi, at a Macromedia Developer's conference, gets her Janeane Garofalo on:
Jog, the Blog
on Electric Girl:
"...Brennan’s art is good enough for adult comics fans to savor as well, a winsome, curvy stylization, everyone’s eyebrows wavy and curvy, his characters’ dot and oval eyes scratched underneath with lines when they’re sad or frustrated, and his backgrounds sometimes lush, but often muted, to put more focus on his expressive cast. It’s very good-looking stuff, worth pouring over a few times."
Thanks, everyone, for the kind wishes for the ol' birthday.
My pal Hil over at IGN.com has a two-fisted preview for you: five pages of Sunset City,
and five pages of Demo.
Brian Scot Johnson of www.khepri.com
forwarded over his Top Ten list for Septmber:
KHEPRI.COM | TOP 10 GN OF 2005 | SEPTEMBER10. Full Moon Fever GN (AiT/Planet Lar)
09. New Avengers v1: Breakout HC (Marvel Comics)
08. Scott Pilgrim v1 GN (Oni Press)
07. Scott Pilgrim v2 GN (Oni Press)
06. Sleeper v4: The Long Way Home TPB (DC/Wildstorm)
05. Tricked GN (Top Shelf)
04. Starkweather v1: Legacy TPB (Arcana Studio)
03. Roland: Days of Wrath TPB (Terra Major)
02. Ex Machina v2: Tag TPB (DC/Wildstorm)01. Smoke and Guns GN (AiT/Planet Lar)
Little something for everyone, there.